I’ve been feeling very festive lately (don’t kill me, yes, I have started listening to Christmas music), so I wanted to share a few items that are on my runner’s holiday gift list. I hope you enjoy!
- Feetures Elite Ultra Light No-Show Tab women’s running socks:
Feetures is definitely my go-to running sock. If for whatever reason your socks have holes or die on you, the company will replace them FOR FREE. I’ve personally done this myself, and it was a very quick process.
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16s: I’ve tried the 17s recently, and my outsole/midsole hurt like none other. I have heard that you may need to size up on the 17s, which I did not do; however, I’ve put more than 450 miles on the 16s, and they’re just now starting to wear down. I foresee another pair of 16s on my Christmas list this year! I find it comical that in last year’s holiday wish list, I talked about the 17s!
- Bart Yasso’s Runner’s World Race Everything: How to Conquer Any Race at Any Distance in Any Environment and Have Fun Doing It: I recently listening to a Marathon Training Academy (MTA) podcast episode where Bart Yasso talked about his new book. I used to be a voracious reader, but these days, if I want to finish a book, it needs to be an audio book that I listen to while I’m running (duh).
- Campfire S’mores Gu flavor: I’ve only tried this flavor once, but it was delicious! I never thought I was very picky when it came to running gel flavors, but after my mint chocolate debacle, I’ll be sticky to flavors that I know I love. Espresso Love Gu is still my first love.
- Generation UCan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: While I have no tried these yet, they are on my wish list! I hear Angie and Trevor talk about them on the MTA podcast, and they sound like a great alternative to gels on long runs.
- Generation UCan Fitness Trial Box: This item looks very cool as well. You get quite a lot for $20!
- RunnerBox or StrideBox: Both look equally awesome. I know that Meagan from The Runner Girls Podcast loves her StrideBox, and I’m always so intrigued to hear what she gets in hers. I’m not the kind of person that would be bummed out if I didn’t particularly love an item or two in each box.
- PlowOn Gum: C’mon now. You know that I cannot write my yearly Christmas list without Plow entering the mix! Plus it’s green—how much more “holiday” can you get?!
- Women’s Running Magazine: It’s no secret that if I could land an editorial dream job at any running magazine or publisher I’d be on Cloud 9. But since that can’t happen, I’d be just as happy reading this publication as part of my two-second Mommy downtime routine.
- Orange Mud Endurance Pack: My Walmart special won’t last much longer, and I apparently drink water like it’s going out of style on long runs. I’ve heard a lot of great things about Orange Mud; the front pockets look like they would fit my cell phone and nutrition very well!